Good Laboratory Practice
One Day Training Course
"Good Laboratory Practices is a quality system concerned with the organisational process and the conditions under which non clinical health and environmental safety studies are planned, performed, monitored, recorded, archived and reported" - OECD Principles of GLP (1997)
However Good Laboratory Practice can be interpreted by industry as the effective application of laboratory management systems to ensure that laboratory testing is planned, performed, monitored, recorded and reported in an organised and controlled manner. Therefore this course looks specifically at the effective application of laboratory quality management systems as per ISO 17025:2005 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
This course provides training for personnel of laboratories who wish to demonstrate that they produce test results that are fit for the purpose and which would stand up to the scrutiny of, for example, Good Laboratory Practice Compliance Inspectors, FDA or IMB Inspectors, laboratory accreditation bodies and customers.
The requirements of GLP Compliance (OECD & FDA) can be included if requested.
While the course will naturally reflect the tutor’s experience in microbiology, the content will be useful to testing laboratories of all kinds.
On successful completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand the requirements of a laboratory management system and good laboratory practice for the effective running of a testing laboratory
- Be able to set about competently applying these requirements in practice
Who Should Attend
- Laboratory Managers
- Analysts who wish to increase their understanding of good laboratory practice
- What is good laboratory practice
- Laboratory Accreditation Process
- ISO 17025:2005
- General good testing conduct
- Handling of test items
- Selection and training of staff
- The laboratory environment
- Housekeeping & hygiene
- Validation of test methods
Course Tutor Kevina O’Donoghue
Testimonials Click Here
Course Times 9.00am - 5.00pm
Public Course Cost €395 (includes course documentation, lunch and refreshments)
For In-House courses, the tutor will contact you in advance to discuss the course programme in more detail in order to tailor it specifically for your organisation.
Course Manual Delegates will receive a comprehensive course manual.