TACCP, Food Defence, Biovigilance & Bioterrorism
(Food Fraud/PAS 96)
A One Day Training Course
Since the publication of PAS 220:2008 and ISO 22002:2009, (Prerequisite programmes on food safety for Food manufacturing), food defence, biovigilance and bioterrorism have become a topic of debate and concern for many food business operators. PAS 96, (Defending food and drink), is the recognised publicly available standard which advises Food Business Operators (FBOs) how to construct and implement the necessary controls to assure its customers that their products are safe and secure.
PAS 96 focuses on the threats to the food and drink industry from ideologically motivated groups, criminals or individuals with a grudge who may wish to damage an organisation. PAS 96 provides broad guidelines to FBOs which should help them assess and reduce the risk to their business and to mitigate the consequences of an attack. The risk is different for different businesses, operations and products. It is therefore implied that different risk assessments will result in different action plans proportionate to an individual situation.
It is assumed that FBOs are aware of HACCP or similar risk management procedures, crisis management and business continuity management principles and have effective procedures in place. The TACCP (Threat Assessment Critical Control Point) study should be integrated into the existing Food Safety Management System thus ensuring product safety.
On successful completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand the various forms of threat to a Food Business Operation
- Understand the TACCP process and how a TACCP study is undertaken
- Understand how to identify the threat and asses the risk.
- Identify control measures for security, premises, personnel, materials and processes
- Establish contingency plans for recovery from attack
- Audit and review food defence procedures
Who Should Attend
- General management with overall responsibility for product safety
- Food Safety Team Leaders/Members
- QA/Technical personnel who audit the Food Safety Management System
- Supplier Auditors who wish to assess biosecurity at vendor sites
- Certification Auditors
- Course Introduction
- PAS 220, ISO 22000:2009
- 15th PRP, Biovigilance, Biodefence, Bioterrorism
- PAS 96:2010
- Defending Food & Drink
- Terms and Definitions
- Case study example of malicious attack on FBOs
- Threat categorisation
- Threat Assessment Critical Control Point “TACCP”
- Objective (6)
- TACCP Process – 10 steps
- TACCP Team
- Assuring Personnel Security
- Temporary staff
- Employee Inclusiveness
- Controlling access to premises
- Motor vehicles
- Personnel access
- Visitor screening
- Unauthorised areas
- Mail / Portable EC
- Controlling Access of services
- Secure storage of transport vehicles
- Controlling access to materials/process
- Contingency planning for recovery from attack
- Auditing & Review/Food & Drink Defence Checklist
- Course Assessment / Review
Course Tutor Industrial Management Systems
Testimonials Click Here
Course Times 9.00am - 5.00pm
Course Manual Delegates will receive a very comprehensive course manual.
For In-House courses, the tutor will contact you in advance to discuss the course programme in more detail in order to tailor it specifically for your organisation.
This course is available exclusively on an In-House basis.